Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Learning to live in Mexico

When you live in Mexico there are a few things you have to get used to , well really there are many things you have to get used to . What kind of things you may ask, well like when you see a whole bunch of people riding in the back of a pick up truck, or a mother, father, and kids all on a motor bike. One of the things I like, and there are many, many things here to like, but one is when you go to the bank and you can bring your dog in with you, now that is pretty cool. No one say's anything. I also really like how everyone here is so friendly, you can smile at people with out them thinking that you are weird, well they still might think that but you know what I mean. Anyway I am off track, I was saying what we have to get used to, last night we had a big storm, lights flickering on and off, tv signal went out, this was around 10 so we went to bed, got up this morning stripped the bed, turned on the washer nothing !!! no water going in, noticed the lights were not very bright, we were having what is known here as a brown out, that means you have some power but not alot, not enough for the washer to work, ok I'll do it later, went to heat up water for my oatmeal in the microwave, no not happening, not a problem we have a gas stove, I'll do it the old fashion way and use the stove, wrong, it has an electric start, just when I was going to hunt down some matches to light it, I heard running water, what the hell is that I said to myself, well it was the sound of the washer filling up! brown out over, we were lucky this time, sometimes they can last a long time. One thing to remember during rainey season is don't have to much food in the frezzer, you may lose it, and right now as I am typing this I can hear thunder in the distance, hope the lights stay on !!! Hasta Luego

No comments:

Post a Comment