Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Where does the time go

Where does the time go, it has been one year since we moved here and boy the time
went by so fast. I spent more than my share of months being homesick, but I finally got
over that and then we went back to the states for a visit, and guess what?? Homesick
again :( . I am finally getting over it, thank God ! I am really so tired of being homesick, I know that part of the problem is not living in the present and too much thinking of the past. I am really working hard on trying to live in the present, when I find myself slipping into the past I stop myself and say no, don't go there. I also sometimes think that it is ok to be homesick, I mean what kind of person would I be if I didn't miss, parts of my old life? You find that here in Mexico there a plenty of people who moved here to escape their old life, be it their family, jobs etc. I guess I'm not one of the ones who needed to escape.

Zumba class: Yesterday I went to a Zumba class in the cultural center here in town. So there I am waiting for the teacher to arrive, and all the woman are coming in so I am watching them and I suddenly think to myself OMG I am the only gringa. ( American/Ex-Pat ) Yes that's right 26 woman and me the only blue eyed one in the bunch. Actually my eyes are green, but you get the picture. I was just happy to be able to keep up with the class, but there was one point when I thought, ok I am not going to be able to finish this class. That passed and I must have got my second wind and I Zumbad away. I thought maybe today I would be sore but I wasn't. I plan on going back for some more torture on Friday. Of course the music was full blast, the teacher was really fast and it was mostly Mexican music but it was fun!

Weather: As always it is beautiful everyday, but today we woke up and it was actually cool out. Of course by the afternoon the sun was out and it turned out to be hot. Soon it will be the rainy season, and it will be cloudy all morning but the sun will come out. Everyone here loves the rainy season, the mountains turn so green. It is amazing that the trees and flowers can bloom right now without the rain.


Doing this blog: Now you would think that this should be easy for me by now, but no it's not. I went to start it this afternoon and I couldn't download the pictures, it couldn't connect to the picture site, then if you are not careful about deleting lines you can delete pictures which I did. Then if you have done your typing and want to add pictures again, it will load them on top of your stories, so then I have to move them, boy maybe I should have serve cheese with all this wine!
So now I am thinking about sometimes posting without always adding pictures, it will make my life easier and I would probably post more often. My friend Dale emailed me yesterday and wanted to know when I was doing another post. He keeps me on my toes, as I didn't realize that it had been so long between posts. Like I said time flies.



Can you guess what this sign says just by looking at it? It is telling everyone to clean
up after their dogs. I got a kick out of it.

This is how they repair the cobble stone streets here, pickax, shovel, wheel barrel, sand and hard work. They are working hard to get it done before the rains come.

On Saturday we took a ride to a friend's house in St. Nicholas, it is about a 45 minute ride from here. They have a place on 30 acres, and this was one of the views.

Their gardener owns this turkey, now we know where to get our Thanksgiving dinner.


My friend owns 3 mares, this is Princess, she is 8 and has a 4 year old daughter, which I don't have a picture of because the trainer took her out for a ride. I was invited me back to meet the trainer and to ride, so I will be giving him a call soon.


This mare is up where I ride on Wednesday, and I just realized that I don't know her name, I do however know that this little filly is 2 weeks old in this picture and her nickname is Cami!

I am just too cute !
That's all for now. I will try to be more conscientious, but if I slack off a bit, Dale will see to it that I write something. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment