Saturday, April 24, 2010

My emotional roller coaster ride

Gran daughters making brownies with gran pa


Trish and I at lunch




Visiting my girl




Well the last two weeks have been very emotional for me, I've been up and down, overwhelmed, excited, tired, stressed, had some sleepless nights,
and lot's of tears have been shed. It is not easy saying goodbye to all our friends and family. When you decide to move it is the one thing that you may not give to much thought to. I know I didn't , I guess you are so wrapped up in all the things that you have to do, and the decision to move, that you don't think about what it will be like in the final few days before you leave, and how it is going to affect the ones you are leaving behind. Today it was all brought home, painfully when we had to say goodbye to our gran daughters, we had them over night for a final sleepover, and it was a very tearful parting. We will miss them very much, thank god for the Internet, it will be easy to keep in touch and to send pictures back and forth, we even have a web cam so that will help too.
I went out to lunch with my friend, Trish, and during it I cried, boy did I feel stupid!! She asked me if I was sorry that we made the decision to move, and I said no, not all I we just didn't realize how hard it was going to be to leave.
Went and saw my mare last Friday and guess what happened, yes that's right cried again!! but not to much just a few tears, she looked good, and I know my friend loves her very much.
Tomorrow I am going to the beach with my friend Pam who I have know for years, and I know that I will cry, I think it is better to cry than to try and hold back the tears, that takes so much effort, and your face gets all funny, so I just let the water works go. They say that I good cry is good for you , well I should be feeling good for a long time!
The woman who is going to be renting our house is also a friend, she has had her horses here now for 7 years, and I know when I say good bye to her, it will be tearful.
The other day I was packing and my poor husband looked at me, and that was all it took for the tears to start, he is very understanding, but today got to him too.
My friend Helen and I went out on a trail ride on Wednesday, and she told me she hates goodbyes, don't know if we will get another ride in before I leave, but I told her it will be hard to ride the horses and see where we are going if we are both crying!
I told my husband you would think I wouldn't have any tears left, but I know I do.
On Wednesday morning we will be heading down our drive way on our way to our new life, and yes it will happen again but they will be tears of joy, saddness, excitment and to new beginings.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...I can't believe the day is almost here. After reading your blog, I'm ready to cry...and I live way up here. I hope you guys have a safe trip. Keep in touch! Deb

    ReplyDelete