Wednesday, November 30, 2011

It's that time agian!

Wall painting in town.

Paining outside a bar

can you take us for a walk ?

Salon in town, cool garage door.
Yes it's that time again, well actually past that time again for me to update my blog. I went on my friends blog, Mexico Daily Living and I saw that it has been 3 weeks since I last published something, wow where does the time go? Hope all my readers had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Weather:  It has been getting cold, so we are using the fireplace, which I love doing, seems like for some reason lighting the fires and cleaning out the fireplace has become my job, I don't mind it, something that we didn't have in Florida, so it is still fun. I'll give the job to Billy when it stops being fun.

Spanish Lessons:  Well we are still taking them, and I must say it is getting harder, more to learn, understand etc. Except of course Billy who is taking to it like a duck takes to water, oh nice now I am comparing my husband to a duck! LOL  I will stick with it as I really want to understand what is being said to me. It is amazing to us how many Mexicans speak English or are trying to learn it, the other night we stopped at the local min market, and the owner was telling Billy what he owed in English so Billy answered him back in Spanish, to funny!! When we go places they want to practice their English on us!

Holidays:  Thanksgiving was great, yes you can get turkey here! We spent the day with our friends, and everyone brought a dish to Jeanne & Eric's,  everything was delicious. So good that I had seconds! . Of course you miss your family when you are here and  your families  are in the states, but you manage. Went to Costco last week and they had fresh Christmas trees, oh did it smell so good,  I miss that smell.  One thing I don't miss is all the shopping for things that cost way to much money, why do we equate gift giving with how much you care for someone?  I think spending time with the people that you care about is way more important than any gift.

Decorations: This year I was so excited to put up our Christmas decorations, I didn't have them with us last year and our friends were kind enough to bring them to us, so I got to see what I packed up. I think I did a good job of getting it down to fit into one box. I unpacked some sleds that are made out of Popsicle sticks, they each have our names on them, I remembered that we bought them at our son's school Holiday bazaar back in 1981 now that is old.  We don't have a tree so I hung things up here and there, I thought our new cat would probably mess with it, as she is still young with to much energy, maybe a tree next year.


Diet:  Happy to report that I haven't put back on any of the weight I lost !  I look forward to shopping for some new clothes next year when we come back to the states for a visit. Beal's outlet here I come!

Ok these pictures were suppose to go at the end of this post, not at the beginning and then here, but as you can see they didn't, oh well at least they loaded. LOL  Don't forget if you click on the pictures they will enlarge.

Dog day afternoon

Good eats here!

Wall painting outside a store.

I bet you're glad I'm behind these bars!
Keeping busy:  Yes I have been very busy that is why it has been so long in between my posts. I am training the horse Melaza and she is coming along. She is very smart so she picks up on things quickly, I think her mom wants to be trained to, she is always watching what we are doing, and the other day I was standing in the middle of them and I asked Melaza and Dulce ( her mom) to back up and they both did, I cracked up! It is interesting getting to know a new horse, I gave Melaza a bath yesterday and she was good, not a big fan of standing tied but she needs to get used to that. Speaking of horses I need to finish this up so I can go out and do some training today.  Adios Hasta Luego !

1 comment:

  1. I am one of your readers and new -- learning spanish too and I love horses -- looking forward to reading more and seeing more of your horse..
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete